Thursday, October 30, 2014

Ecco Bella Enlightenment Make Up Compact: Reviewed

Lately I have been using more natural cosmetics whenever possible.  Now, I still love my Naked 3 eye shadow palette, but I really love to use mineral make up as it nourishes my skin, chemical free, and is Eco friendly.  I had seen the Ecco Bella brand at my local Whole Foods, but never had tried it.  I was sent a  travel bag friendly small compact with a pretty blush and a duo shadow set.  The Enlightenment Collection   is a "compilation of yin and yang, shadow and light."

This is a nice compact and when the shadows and blush are used up, you can refill it with other shades.  I really like this feature.  I like how it has a stretchy band to further secure the compact.








The compact is actually part of a larger set that includes a lipstick and a gloss, but I was only sent the compact.  The compact is able to be purchased as a stand alone product as well.

The powders include:

Purity - a sheer blush / highlighter.
Celestial - a heavenly eye shadow.
Mystic - a wet / dry powder which can be used wet as a liner and dry as an eye shadow
    The powder set is made up of a Flower wax enriched formula to prevent moisture loss from the skin, helping colors to glide on smooth and stay true throughout the day. Compact comes with it’s own sponge applicator. Gluten-free. Vegan. Paraben free, talc free.



    I like the blush a lot.  I find that it is buildable and can act as an all over facial illuminator and make you have a youthful, rosy glow.  The kind of glow that makes you look like you always get 8-9 hours of sleep,  and that you are ready to accomplish anything.  I love blush, it is something I often apply over generously. :) I was able to get a nice amount of color from this blush.  The Mystic blue eye shadow was fun to wear.  I did not save it for a night look, I wore it during a day errand with my family.  I will have no problem wearing this bright, almost cobalt blue for most any occassion as it really pops.

    I did use the little sponge applicator, however I have always found them to be difficult to use and the sponge tips never last long. I found that using a regular eyeshadow brush works much better.  I used an eye shadow primer over my entire lid, then applied the blush under my eye brows to give a highlight. I then applied the blue shade on my lids only.  Please note, I do not claim to be a makeup artist, so please forgive my lack of proper blending.  I often (usually 85% of the time) do not have more than 15 minutes to get myself ready as I have an infant and a 3 1/2 year old that need my loving attention.  I am not the best at taking the time to blend my shadows correctly when I apply.





    The Celestial shade, which is described as a heavenly eye shadow, was not a color I personally was able to pull off.  On my skin and in the pan it appeared very yellow and since my eye lids are pale and often have some discoloration paired with my dark under eye circles, the yellow toned powder did not look great on me.  I think it would look much more heavenly and beautiful on a darker, more tan complexion.



    The great thing about this compact is that you can purchase other flower color eyeshadows and powder liners from Ecco Bella and put your desired shades into your compact.  My favorite shadow shades from their website are the  shimmer dust  refills.

    This was my first experience with this brand.  I would have preferred the yellow shadow to be more of a champagne or frosty silver, steel grey shimmer, or frosty white, as the current color does not work for me personally.  I like the blush and the Mystic blue shadow.  I love the reusable card board compact.

    **This compact was sent to me complementary for testing and review purposes, all opinions are honest and my own.**

    I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment