Thursday, July 10, 2014

UNi 100% Organic Pure Moroccan Argan Oil: Review and Swamp thing??

I have gotten quite a collection of oils, herbs, tinctures, and the like. I love my little apothecary cabinet in the laundry room. I visit it daily and seem to always have a need for each item. An hour ago, I made more cloth wipes solution for our infant. I mixed water, 7 drops each of lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil, jojoba oil, a half a cap full of witch hazel, and 2 tiny squirts of Burt's Bees baby shampoo and shook it up. I put it in our Munchkin brand wipes warmer and closed the lid with a happy heart. It really brings me joy to use natural and effective products on my family.

Tonight after washing our cloth diapers, making wipes solution and catching up on emails, I made some hot matcha green tea, added some honey for sweetness, and had an uninvited guest showed up. Swamp thing. Well maybe it was swamp thing's wife or lover or the swamp thing's gal next next whom he crushes on. It was a girl version of swamp thing. So yeah, she showed up and now my face feels amazing tonight. She taught me how she keeps her complexion so soft and supple.

What? You didn't know she had such soft skin? Well she does. I asked her the secret. She replied, Green tea, honey, argan oil, and glycerin. Well, it was a bit harder than that to understand, but I gathered those were the ingredients as she began mixing up the potion right then and there. (Luckily she wasn't too loud as I told her the baby was in the next room sleeping.) Where does she get those ingredients you ask? I have no idea, but she apparently was out of her own supply, and that is why she showed up at my house, standing in my kitchen and gave me quite a fright at 12:35 am. (when all the rest of the house was in bed and dreaming.)

It began to all make sense. Green Matcha tea, tea in general is loaded with antioxidants, but Matcha is even better. It is stone ground and the whole leaf and all its nutrients are in powder form. Matcha is added to nourish your skin and protect against sun damage. Matcha green tea is also cooling and anti-inflammatory to skin. I think it smells nice too, a bit earthy but fresh. She picked up my argan oil and added 2 full droppers into the bowl of green muck, then added 6 small drops (not full droppers, but drops) of vegetable glycerin and mumbled something about Honey. I guess she wanted some of that as well...


Argan oil is naturally rich in Vitamin E, fatty acids, and proteins. It can assist with smoothing fine lines and slow the appearance of aging. It restores elastin in our skin which gives skin the supple appearance. Argan oil is not heavy and soaks in easily. Glycerin draws moisture to the skin and is wonderful for skin, I use it in all my face treatments. Honey is packed with antioxidants as well, is added to the mask as it is a perfect humectant. It provides moisture and it is antibacterial, so its great for acne prone skin. Honey smells amazing and it makes for a glowing complexion. Swamp thing likes when she glows.

She finished mixing the mucky goop and applied it to her face. She didn't look much different while wearing the green sludge, and I wondered if perhaps she had just came from my neighbors house with some of the sludge on her face prior as she definitely was green when she arrive to my house. I asked her if I might have some on my face. She looked like I just gave her a new purse for her birthday she was super happy (she and I are more alike than I thought). (Apparently Swamp thing does not have any girlfriends to chill with and I just made her day, or um evening by doing a spa treatment with her.)


So there we sat for about 10 minutes, both with faces dripping, as the green, sweet smelling mask was melting quickly from the summer heat. I asked her if it was time to rinse and she nodded yes. We rinsed, and I must say, my face felt super smooth, and soft. It was lightly rosy and I am happy to say I would do this again! Yes, those are dark circles under my eyes, but that is from years of insomnia and more recently, late night cuddles, kisses, and backrubs with my little ones and baby feedings.

Swamp thing thanked me, and as she turned to leave, I told her we'd do this again soon. Perhaps during the day next time.

I think the mask turned out great. The ingredients were natural, and top notch. My honey was local, made in my own state. I used an argan oil from a company called UNi. It came to me in a 2 oz dropper glass bottle and has the manufactured date on it of April 18th, 2014. That's pretty fresh, since it is barely July right now. The manufactured date is printed on every bottle with a shelf-life of 36 months.


I am happy to know that the company makes sure their customers are getting top quality argan oil. I like how it is pure, organic and does not have additives or fillers. This argan oil is cold pressed and unroasted. It does not have any offensive or strong odor like some argan oils on the market.
It is USDA and ECOCERT certified,so it is pure and authentic. It is manufactured in Morocco and packaged in the USA.

Argan oil has many uses, it is fantastic for skin, hair and face. I liked using it in my matcha tea and honey face mask and have used argan oil in my facial oil cleansing. I have used Argan oil in my hair as well. UNi Argan Oil comes in a dark amber glass bottle with a dropper. I do seem to like pump bottles best for my skin oils, however this dropper worked well for what I used it for.

For more information on UNi and their products, visit: Premium Argan Oil by UNi


Check out the company's website: UNi Purity.

If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased.

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for blog updates and giveaways!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment