Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Mineral Eye Cream by Adovia: Reviewed

I have not been getting my much needed beauty sleep lately. With a 3 month old and a 3 1/2 year old, I am kept on my toes and out of bed. My eyes have definitely worn the look of a tired gal. I have always had dark shadows under my eyes, but lately they have been extra shaded. During the day I am busy with my little sweeties, and at night, despite the fact that I am overly exhausted, I often have chronic insomnia. This never helps a person's appearance. I have been trying to counteract the sleep loss wear by making sure my body is getting more than enough water and fresh fruits and veggies. I do make it a habit to eat my daily frozen green matcha fruit smoothie and do feel the natural energy that comes from all the protein, herbs, and fiber. Having this smoothie does seem to boost my overall well being and I feel it helps with my skin.

I oil cleanse my face with argan, castor oil, jojoba, vegetable glycerin, rosehip, and sometimes add a touch of emu oil. I think that the fact that I have completely removed sulfates from my lifestyle in the past year and a half has really improved my skin. My husband commented last night that my nose is completely free of blackheads and he is considering having me teach him my particular oil cleansing method.

I have also been using products from one of my favorite skincare lines. The Adovia company has really excelled in several of their products. I have been quite fond of many items, especially their Dead Sea Mud Mask, Dead Sae Salt Soap, and their exfoliating facial salt (review on the way---SPOILER ALERT--this one has got to be my ULTIMATE favorite). I have be able to test out many more of their products, but these are the items that have stood out to me personally.

I was able to test out another of their products this past month and it is a fantastic product. It is the Adovia Mineral Eye Gel and it comes in a cute little jar. The size is smaller than I would like, as it is only 1 oz. For the price, I would have liked this to be at least double the size. The gel comes in a nice glass container and the product feels nice when applied. I immediately feel a cooling sensation and the fragrance is light and fresh.


Here is the list of ingredients:

Demineralised Water & Dead Sea Water, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol & Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract & Algae Extract & Papaya (Carica Papaya) Extract & Aloe Vera (Barbadensis) Gel, Caprilyc/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Glycerin, Carbomer, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis) Oil, Urea, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Keratin, Peach (Prunus Persica) Kernel Oil, Cornflower (Achinicea Pallida) Extract, Lactic Acid, Hydrolized Collagen, Benzoic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Propylparaben, Dead Sea Salt, Exotic Verbena (Litsea Citrata) Oil, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Extract, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate.

It does have some alcohol in it and some chemicals, (which I am not pleased with) (Benzalkonium Chloride), and some parabens and preservatives (Propylparaben, Chlorphenesin). I generally try to stay away from items with chemicals in them, but often it is hard to find products that are completely natural, as these type of products do need to be preserved in some sort of way and emulsified. I do like the remaining ingredients of fruit oils, plant extracts, dead sea water, and botanical ingredients.

The company states this about their eye gel, "Your Eyes will Look 10 Years Younger or Your Money Back! - Reduce Puffiness Under and Around The Eyes - Makes Eyes Appear Years Younger and Radiant!" I have only used this for a month, and do not think I look 10 years younger, however, I do see how after several months of use, that this could help with soothing tired, worn out eyes and lids, while smoothing out some of the fine lines and wrinkles. Products with anti-aging or weight loss effects need to be tested longer than just one month in order to see jaw dropping results. This is a good eye gel and I think it has the potential to do great things. I think that this will be a great preventative eye gel that will slow the appearance of lines and provide excellent moisture to delicate eye skin.

It does feel soothing and refreshing, and it does absorb quickly for me. It does not cause any peeling or dryness for me, and I had zero irritation. I like the dead sea minerals and I am always a big fan of glycerin, aloe vera, and oils. It also contains Vitamin C (which if you read my blog with any regularity, you know I am a big fan of as well) as Vitamin C which provides antioxidants to skin cells and fights against free radicals.

You can apply this 1-2 times a day. I usually apply in the daytime after my shower. I always apply Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid serum to my entire face and neck, then have been applying this around my delicate eye area (always apply with your ring finger as that finger has weaker strength/pressure, so as to be gentle on the surrounding eye skin).

For more information on this eye gel, you can find this on Cleopatra's Choice or find this on Amazon: Adovia Mineral Eye Cream


My only critique is the fact that this does contain some chemicals, parabens, and preservatives and alcohol in it, these ingredients could cause some irritation or drying of the skin for some individuals.

I do like this product pretty well and will continue using it to see if it can assist with brightening my dark shadows under my eyes. The majority of ingredients in this eye gel as great and are helpful, skin loving ingredients. I like the glass jar and find that it keeps the product secure and fresh. I have moved this container to my fridge as it feels great to my skin after a steamy shower. It also makes me feel more awake.


If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review.

Please follow me on Facebook for updates to this blog, reviews, and giveaways. Check me out on bloglovin and Twitter.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.






No comments:

Post a Comment