Thursday, July 3, 2014

Grazia Silicone 24 Cup MINI Muffin Pan: Reviewed




I like baking sweet treats. I bake things even when it is hot outside and the heat from the oven will make the house super uncomfortably hot on a summer day. Normally I save baking for evenings as it tends to be a bit cooler than during the day. What I don't like it is cleaning up a big mess, specifically when the cookies or cupcakes stick to the pans and I have to spent more time scraping and soaking than I do tasting, sharing, and enjoying. Growing up, my mom had the metal baking tins and we would need to use paper cupcake wrappers if we wanted to try to avoid a big stuck on mess. Even then, the wrappers would sometimes stick and often the muffins or cupcakes would also cook unevenly.

I was given the opportunity to review the Grazia Silicone 24 Cup Mini Muffin Pan in a pretty bright red color. I would describe it as a pretty cherry red, it looks great in our pink, bright red, green and white kitchen with vintage strawberry theme. It is not a dark deep (ugly toned) red, it is super cherry and I like it a lot. This baking pan is a non-stick, food grade silicone muffin / cupcake baking pan that is safe to use in the oven, microwave, dishwasher, or freezer. Why would you use it in the freezer? How about using it to put in homemade cheese cakes that you want to freeze for a few hours for an even tastier way to enjoy them? Another freezer use would be to put a mixture of nuts mixed with butter and melted chocolate (semi-sweet is my favorite as it is not bitter and not too sweet, and has the deep rich flavor of dark chocolate.) for an indulgent, but simple treat. I would love to to use this for freezing homemade baby food when my infant starts solids in a few months. I would love for this to have had a freezer top (clear toned for easy viewing) to cover it for temporary freezer use (such as over night or a few days at a time). I think these are 1 oz. each cup size.

This 100% food grade silicone muffin pan is durable and heat resistant for up to 450°F. It is suggested to add a little oil into the cups before you start baking, and when everything is done, the food pops out with ease. It bakes evenly and there is look to no mess. I was able to wipe most of the muffin crumbs out before putting this in the dishwasher. I made spice muffins in this pan the first time I used this, and then more recently, I made some easy (but delicious) Snickerdoodle cookies from Krusteaz brand. If you have ever had these you know they are a sweet, moist, chewy and puffy cookie. I decided to put a rounded drop of the cookie mixture in each cup and they made a flat non chocolate brownie (called a blondie) - cookie consistency cupcake. WONDERFUL! I use this to make brownies so that the brownies all have edges, we loved "end / edge pieces" on our brownies.

I definitely recommend this pan! It looks nice in the kitchen, works well, and is easy on cleanup. This is also a great size for using for toddlers and small children to sort no food items in for fine motor skills play.

If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review.


For more information about this product, you can find it on Amazon: Grazia Silicone Muffin Pan


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment