Friday, June 13, 2014

Stainless Steel Vegetable Slicer SuperSwizz: Reviewed

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I have never been a fan of zucchini or squash, except winter squash---I like that. I make winter squash like one would make whipped sweet potatoes. I like to add lots of butter, and some salt, and some sugar. It is fantastic. When I had the opportunity to review a spiral veggie slicer, I was intrigued. I figured perhaps maybe I would try zucchini in a different form. I purchased 2 medium sized zucchinis, washed them, and cut off them ends. I then followed the directions and was amazed at how easy and rather awesome things were looking. The zucchini was making very long spaghetti! My 3 year old came over and immediately wanted to try a "noodle." I picked one out and saw it was probably 2 feet long! This of course made it even more appetizing for her, and she ate it right away, and asked for another. This made me happy as eating vegetables in their raw form it by far the healthiest option. I finished one zucchini and then the second was quickly used. Both took about 5 minutes total to slice. It reminded me of a giant pencil sharpener. Super quick, super easy. I did not have any carrots on hand, except baby carrots so have not yet tried those. I am excited to try carrots, and make a carrot cake for my husband as that is his favorite cake.

The slicer is called the SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer and is quite functional. It has 2 different ends capable of two Julienne sizes - 2x3 mm and 3.5x5 mm and is Dishwasher safe. It comes with a small bristle brush that looks like a mini baby bottle scrubber. This stainless steel vegetable slicer makes vegetable "noodles" with ease from carrots, zucchinis and the like. After we made our long noodles, I boiled water on the stove with butter and salt. I added the noodles and cooked for about 5 minutes. I drained the water and put on a plate for my daughter and myself as a healthy snack. It was fantastic. I was impressed with the slicer and myself. I never eat cooked zucchini, but now will happily eat it.


The zucchini noodles were liked by my 3 year old whether cooked or raw. She really likes watching me make the noodles as well. Cleanup was easy. After the noodles were made, I was left with a zucchini pyramid, and my toddler actually decided she wanted to eat it. I used the included bristle brush and scraped away the remainder bits and put the entire slicer in the top rack of the dishwasher.

The next day I tried using an apple, thinking that this would make a fun and delicious noodle treat for my little one, but the apple failed miserably and only made a soggy mess. I have not tried any other fruit or vegetable with this, but am excited to try. It would be interesting to see if a potato would work as that would make for easy hash browns.


If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions and do not receive any benefit for any purchases made based on my review.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.




No comments:

Post a Comment