Sunday, June 1, 2014

Picture Collage Maker by Pearl Mountain Software: Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Being a parents, my husband and I have taken numerous pictures of our little girl throughout her lifetime. She is now three, and although we seem to take pictures of her a lot, as I look back at pictures of her when she was just a baby and a young toddler, I wish I had taken more. It seems you can never take too many pictures of your little ones, as time slips away from you and you blink and then they are grown. I am vowing to take more pictures of my children. We just had a baby boy almost 2 months ago and it is crazy how time is flying.

With Father's Day coming up, I think I will make a card for my husband. I think adding pictures of our 2 babies in a collage form with a nice poem or verse on it would be nice and appreciated. I had the opportunity to review a photo collage software product this past month from Pearl Mountain Software. The program is called Photo Collage Maker (simple name but definitely describes the product). I have had fun looking over pictures of my little girl from her first few days until now, and selecting just the right photos for the Daddy Day card. I am thinking of making 2 separate collage cards, one of my daughter and one of my son.

This software is easy to use and just what I need for making memorable cards for loved ones. It has 150+ various templates provided to make scrapbooks, digital collages, greeting cards, posters, invitations, calenders, photo albums (School functions, Birthday, Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Anniversary, Valentines, Wedding, etc.).

I had fun with selecting from various backgrounds, clipart(I really enjoyed adding buttons to my calendar), frames, masks (changes the shape of the photo to the desired mask shape), etc. Once a template is chosen, select the folder that contains your photographs, and the program will show you a thumbnail of each image. Simply drag and drop your photos onto the collage. You are able to resize each picture if desired, move them to exactly where you want them, and rotate when needed. It comes with a large collection of picture frames that you can add to any of your photos. You select the picture that is on the collage, then double click the chosen frame, and then it adds the frame to that picture. Some of the frames are a little cartoonish for my liking, however some of them are quite nice. I did not have any problem finding frames that suited my personal collage. There are many themes of clip art to select from such as a plant or nature theme, holiday, animal, etc. When your creation is completed, you can choose to print directly, save as image file, set as wallpaper, or share via email. This program can be downloaded as a 15 day Free Trial to see if it is something you would benefit from. It is available for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8 and Mac $29 to buy

Here is the quick little Bunny family springtime calender I made.


I started out with this Calender, and was able to remove or add whatever I wanted to make it to my liking. There are little check mark/tickers on the right hand side which allow you to remove individual pieces of the collage. This is a really great program and I had a lot of fun with it.



For more information about Pearl Mountain Software and what they offer:

Pearl Mountain Software Website

Photo Collage Maker

Pearl Mountain Facebook

I am not connected in any way with the company, I was just sent the software in exchange for my review of it. I like it and will be using it for various projects. I will be making some father's day collages as well as a birth announcement collage with my son's pictures and info.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment