Thursday, June 26, 2014

OZ Naturals Super Youth Eye Gel: Reviewed



I am tired. I really need to sleep more. I have always been an insomniac most my life. I have got dark circles and my eyes feel droopy. I have become less of an insomniac now that I have children. Staying up until the wee hours of the night, and then being woken up at 6 or 7 am (sometimes 5 if the mood strikes my 3 1/2 year old) makes for a LOOOOOONG day. Lately I just have not had time to sleep as I am still trying to adjust to 2 kids instead of 1. I had my son 2 months ago and am just now slowly getting back into a routine. He still wakes about 2 times a night to nurse and so I am not getting a full, uninterrupted nights sleep. It is much better now than a few weeks ago, where I would feed him every 2-2 1/2 hours at night and also try to soothe his crying from painful acid reflux. During the day, my 3 and a half year old keeps me busy as well. My newborn sleeps a good part of the day for about 2 hrs at a time, which is when they say to try to slip in a nap, but I like to spend time with my 3 1/2 year old girl during this time as I feel like I have not given her the attention she used to get. Sleep is highly needed to function mental and physically. Sleep makes prettier people. If only I had more sleep.

I am making sure to drink lots of water. Water is wonderful for you and I should have been more fond of it while I was a child. My daughter has only had water and milk in her almost 4 years of life and she LOVES both. She will be very beautiful. (She already is). I buy Dasani water in 24 packs and go through that in a week. I know, I know, that is not very environmental (or cost effective) of me to drink from bottled water, but our tap water here at our old (almost 100 yr old) home just doesn't thrill me. The water is clean and safe to drink, I am just not a tap water fan. I guess bottled water is one of my little indulgences. We use a Brita filter pitcher as well, but bottled water is tasty and super easy for me. Drinking water is important to replenish your body and it is beneficial to promote healing. I also believe that drinking water can have some antiaging effects as well. It hydrates your skin which can prevent wrinkles and discoloration.

I do not get the amount of sleep I need, so for right now, I need to try other methods to try to reverse the un-pretty I have put on my face from countless years of lack of sleep. I have also been trying out a anti-aging eye treatment gel. It does not contain Parabens, Sulfates or Alcohol and is made in the USA. This eye gel is natural and organic. I am using it once a day. It is called Super Youth Eye Gel and is by OZ Naturals. Who doesn't want to be super and youthful? It claims to eliminate dark circles, reduce eye puffiness, and smooth wrinkles around the delicate eye area. I would like to share my thoughts with you. I first wanted to mention that I am not affiliated in any way with this company. These are my honest opinions.


I like how it is in a pump as it stays more hygienic (no opening and closing of product each use which gets air into the product and can be contaminated with fingers) and is not messy to apply (no dipping fingers in to apply). The pump is half an ounce and is an airless pump, which means it does not use a tube/straw to draw up the product. There is a tiny hole on the bottom of the bottle. Airless bottles provide a greater force of removing the product, so there is less product waste left behind, which gives you more use out of the product.

When I first apply it to my eye area, I notice a slight tingling, but not painful or bothersome. The gel is instantly cooling (cucumber and aloe) and I start to feel the product tighten on my skin. It seems to give a slight lift that is not permanent, but lasts throughout the day. I first had tried applying it in the morning twice, UNDER my makeup. I hated it. It began to peel and roll up on itself and create sticky little patches. I wondered what I did wrong. So I began using it at night before bed, and that was the key. I am sure other people can use it during the day, but since I wear makeup most days, it did not work for use under my makeup. Perhaps I applied to much? I have used it in the mornings when I know I will not be leaving the house (no makeup day). It works fine during the day when I am bare faced. If you apply too much it does tend to roll up or build up a bit.

I apply it as the last step in my facial routine. After I have oil cleansed (washed) my face, rinsed, patted to dry, I then apply my Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid to my entire face, neck and decolletage. Sometimes I apply my rosewater toner all over my face and then I apply this eye gel.

The product is fairly small at 0.5 oz., I would have liked it to be in a 1 oz size, but I do not feel the need to use too much at a time as I am only using this on my eye area and between my eyebrows. It does have some impressive ingredients.

Key ingredients are as follows: Matrixyl 3000, Peptide Complex, Natural Plant Stem Cells, Cucumber Hydrosol, Jojoba Oil, Vegan Hyaluronic Acid, Amino Acid Blend, Wildcrafted Periwinkle, Organic Licorice, Wild Crafted Eye Bright, Wild Crafted Reishi, Organic Gotu Kola, Vitamin E. Ingredients are 75% natural

Matrixyl 3000 is a peptide that specifically stimulates collagen synthesis and skin repair. It is becoming more popular for use in cosmetics as it is excellent for anti-aging. Peptides are chains of amino acids that are beneficial to stimulating and producing proteins in the skin. Skin that is full, supple and moisturized has adequate collagen production. Collagen (a protein) produces skin that is healthy and full of elastin. It does not sag and wrinkles are slower to form. It is important to avoid extended unprotected exposure to harmful UV rays, and it is important to not smoke. Even second hand smoke is harmful to lungs and skin.

Plant Stem Cells can be beneficial to treat and prevent skin conditions such as wrinkles, visible capillaries, exposure to free radicals and sun damage. Plant stem cells when added to cosmetics and skin products, and have been proven to support the skin’s cellular rejuvenation.

This eye gel also contains cucumber hydrosol: hydrosols are flower/fruit/herb infused waters and are produced by steam-distilling the plant material. They have similar properties to essential oil, but are lighter in composition. Cucumber slices are often used on tired, irritated eyelids in spas (or in your own home) as they cool and calm. Cucumbers are soothing, healing, and have anti-inflammatory effects. (hydrosol info from Mountain Rose Herbs)

I love jojoba oil, I use it daily in my oil cleansing as it has a similarity to our own skin's sebum (not an oily oil) which allows it to absorb easily and quickly. It is a fantastic skin-softening moisturizer and is helpful for preventing wrinkles.

Hyaluronic Acid is a humectant (moisture-binding ingredient) that keeps skin plump and hydrated. I use a serum form of it daily in the morning and night after my face is cleansed. Hyaluronic acid is not an acid, (not sure why it is called "acid" as it is very cooling and soothing--it does not burn skin) it is beneficial for healing scars, skin irritation, and can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.

An ingredient I was not sure about was Gotu Kola. I researched that it is an herb, and is used to treat minor burns, scars, irritation, varicose veins, wound healing, prevents infection, and more. It reduces scarring when applied during the inflammatory period of the wound.(Herb Wisdom)

This gel contains Vitamin E and Aloe, both are helpful for scar healing and prevention. They provide the skin with necessary moisture, as well as antioxidants for intense healing. Aloe and E is used to treat burns and irritation. When looking for a store bought aloe vera gel, make sure it is without alcohol and is a clear gel with no additives or dyes. I made the mistake of getting aloe gel once that had alcohol in it! I also recall how sunburnt my husband and I were on our Florida honeymoon. We searched for aloe vera at a local drugstore and got one with a lidocane in it. Our arms, legs, shoulders and backs were lobster red. The aloe was a bright blue color, and we woke up the next day with blue stains on the white hotel sheets. We should have gotten aloe that was dye free and skipped the lidocane one.

The eye gel is working well and I like it. I have only tested it for a month so I have not seen extreme results yet. I am hoping that the fine lines around my eye area are able to smooth out. I do think that anti-aging or weight loss products need a good 6 months of use or more before drastic results are seen. I do think that it is brightening my dark areas under my eyes.

This is available to purchase on Amazon: OZ Naturals Eye Gel


If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.






No comments:

Post a Comment