Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Night Skin Repair by Vouray: Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

How much sleep do you get each night? Are you a working woman (or man) whose busy lifestyle of deadlines, along with heavy traffic jams, squinting at computer screens, and being hunched uncomfortably over a desk, causes you to get less than the recommended 8 hours of sleep each night? Are you a stay at home parent who, after chasing the kids all day, doing laundry, cleaning up food crumbs off of the floor, picking out soggy Cheerios from inside of the kitchen sink, cleaning up sticky fingers and faces, changing bottoms, kissing boo-boos, cooling feverish brows, and reading stories, has added some extra stress and perhaps loss of beauty to your face? I definitely feel it--the stress and exhaustion of daily life, along with the heavy pollution of the atmosphere around me. I do want to get adequate and replenishing sleep, however, currently with a 2 month old and a 3 year old, it just does not happen. I do make it a habit to drink plenty of water each day and limit my caffeine intake. I also have never smoked a cigarette, and I stay away from secondhand smoke whenever possible.

As we all progress in age, and are exposed to stress, environmental pollutants, and harmful chemicals, our skin and body changes. Skin collagen, a protein that aids in the growth of cells and blood vessels and gives skin firmness and strength, begins to slow down and cell structures start losing their strength. Skin starts to become less elastic, and wrinkles and lines form.

It is highly vital that we drink plenty of water, get adequate rest, and moisturize our delicate skin. Skin will become rough and dry if it is not treated with care and given proper nutrients. Did you know that it is important to get enough Vitamin C? Did you know that Vitamin C, when added to skin care products, has a positive effect on the health of our skin? Vitamin C helps your skin repair itself. It increases elastin formation which thickens, protects, and heals skin cells. The thickening effect helps to retain moisture, increases skin circulation and plumps up the skin surface. When we are young, we have the most elastin and collagen in our skin, and as we age, collagen production slows down and decreases.

I had the opportunity to review a skin cream by Vouray. This particular cream is a night repair cream. Vouray is a skincare company that came into production through the scientific studies of Dr. Bonomo and the development of skincare products by his daughter Gina. Bonomo found that skin cells could be prompted to produce more collagen, giving aging skin a more youthful appearance and diminishing the appearance of wrinkles. Gina, his daughter, began working on a skincare line that used botanical extracts and essential oils to alert skin cells to produce more collagen. It seems that natural ingredients are more effective in the rejuvenation of the appearance of aging skin than synthetic and chemical ingredients. This new approach provided protection against free radicals and support for the body's own repair process.

The company stands behind their science and their products. They even have a money back guarantee.

"Try any one (or more) of our products for a full 60 day period and compare the results with your current favorites. Use all of the VOURAY product to the last drop, to the bottom of the jar or bottle, and if you're not convinced that VOURAY improves the appearance of your skin and provides a better value for your money, then return the empty container(s) for a full refund of your purchase price. No gimmicks, just an honest comparison."

I try to be as chemical free as possible. Obviously, I am not a total chemical free gal. I do wear makeup (most of which is not mineral or natural) and have not given those items up. I do try to limit my use of synthetic and chemical items, and have been sulfate free over a year. I looked over the label of Vouray Night Repair cream and noticed the first 3 ingredients: water (aqua), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, cyclopentasiloxane, vitis vinefera (grape) seed extract, these are definitely 3 good, healthy skin loving ingredients. Going through the list, you see botanical plant extracts, fruit extracts, essential oils and other natural goodies. It has Vitamin A, E, and C.

water (aqua), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, cyclopentasiloxane, vitis vinefera (grape) seed extract, centella asiatica extract, aspalathus linearis leaf extract, beta-sitosterol, ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin c), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), spirulina maxima extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, allantoin, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e), glycerin, retinyl palmitate (vitamin a), sodium hyaluronate, bisabolol, lecithin, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, palmitoyl oligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, palmitoyl tripeptide-5, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, niacinamide, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, prinsepia utilis seed extract, hydroxypropyl starch phosphate, trifolium pratense (clover) flower extract, panax ginseng root extract, astaxanthin, ceratonia siliqua gum, hibiscus sabdariffa flower extract, cyamopsis tetragonoloba (guar) gum, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil.

This is a nice cream that claims to hydrate skin, reduce appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and provide nutrients to boost the repair process during sleep. When we sleep, our skin tries to undo all of the cellular damage and stress it was exposed to during the day. Sleep deprivation causes health concerns such as weight gain, colds and flu, lack of mental clarity, headaches, as well as keeping us from looking and feeling our best.

According to the National Sleep Foundation, "when we sleep well, we wake up feeling refreshed and alert for our daily activities. Sleep affects how we look, feel and perform on a daily basis, and can have a major impact on our overall quality of life."

I have tried this cream each night for a week and a half after oil cleansing on my face. It is not greasy or sticky to apply and makes my skin soft. The cream minimizes the look of pores and make skin appear smoother and more supple. It has a light pleasant fragrance. I like how it is USA made, that is a BIG PLUS for me, as things increasingly are made outside the US. It is paraben-free, which is nice to know, since parabens increase the risk of breast cancer tumors and other cancers.

The cream comes in a sturdy jar with 1.75 oz of product and a plastic spatula like dipper. This comes handy so as to not contaminate the cream with your fingers. The packaging is simple. My only complaint is that my box of cream did not have instructions on using this cream. The first time I used this cream, I used too much, and although it was not greasy to have so much product applied, it seems wasteful as a little goes a long way.

I am 32, and do not have wrinkles, however I do have a few fine lined areas around my eyes and dark circles. I am hoping to see some fading of the dark circles and hope this cream can iron out some of the tiny lines. This may not be a miracle cream, but I do think it has some potent ingredients that can boost collagen production and help restore life to a tired face.


For more information on this company and this product:

Vouray Website

Night Repair Cream

If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions. This cream was sent to me in exchange for my opinion.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment