Thursday, June 5, 2014

MuscleCare Rollon: Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

My husband has been having back pain for the last week. He recently started a new job as a busy restaurant manager at a large hotel. Before working with this job, he sat at a computer desk and never lifted anything heavy. He says that he was bending over too quickly earlier this week and and began feeling increased sharp pain. I told him to take some over the counter medicines to see if that would help him. It helped him some, but he really did not want to keep taking pills every few hours.

Luckily we had some menthol liquid roll on made by MuscleCare and I applied it to his middle and lower back. I was happy that this did not get on my hands or fingers as that would be both messy and have a potential risk of getting into my eyes if I accidentally rubbed my eyes without thinking. He said it immediately felt cool when applied and gradually gets cold (but "never icy or too cold and slightly tingly"). It never gets hot and never burns such as BenGay. My husband always hated how strong smelling and almost painful BenGay would feel when applied and worn. This fast acting roll on contains Menthol, Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus oil, and Camphor. MuscleCare contains no dyes and is free from parabens and preservatives. MuscleCare Roll-on and Ointment reduce pain, inflammation and muscle spasm.

I like how it was developed in the USA by a doctor who has 25 years of clinical real-life experience treating muscle, joint, and back pain. Dr. Chris Oswald owns and operates one of Canada's leading chiropractic clinics in Toronto, Canada. I recently had a baby in April so this next aspect of the product is what really makes me happy. MuscleCare is safe for use in pregnancy and has been proven to be a safe solution for mothers who are breast feeding. I am currently feeding our baby naturally so I am happy that it is safe for me to use as well. I often have back pain and sometimes I get a pain in my right leg around my knee and a little above the knee.

It is often recommended that this be used before and after a strenuous activity. MuscleCare products can greatly reduce inflammation of the joints, as well as osteoarthritis. This is used and loved by athletes, gardeners, physical laborers such as contractors, and those with diabetes and arthritis. It is recommended to apply this as a preventative measure along with stretching beforehand to reduce the chance of injury and work related pain in muscles and joints. For those who work in an office setting, and who are sitting for long periods of time, hunched over at a desk, and prone to carpal tunnel should take frequent walking and stretching breaks, along with applying MuscleCare to reduce the negative effects on their joints and muscles. "MuscleCare is an analgesic and anti-Inflammatory that does not constrict blood vessels and is formulated with with aloe to help moisturize trouble areas like feet and elbows." Diabetics can rest easy that this product will treat their pain safely and effectively. This really is a product for nearly everyone. It says it is safe for ages 12 and over.

Active Ingredients

% by weight: Camphor - 4.0 % , Menthol - 10.0 %

Inactive Ingredients

Alcohol Denat. , Acrylates Copolymer , water , Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil , Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil , propylene glycol , glycerin , MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) , Boswellia Serrata Extract , Ilex Paraguariensis Extract (Yerba Mate Ilex) , Glucosamine Sulfate , Chondroitin Sulfate , Magnesium Chloride , triethanolamine

I was sent 2 bottles of MuscleCare roll on for my review and I am pleased with this product. I have never been a fan of BenGay or IcyHot or products that seem to cause me more discomfort once applied. This product is non greasy, does not irritate my skin, and is not offensive in fragrance. I tested this out on my leg pain and it was effective within minutes of application.

For more information, check out the MuscleCare website. This product is available on Amazon and other online retailers.

MuscleCare Website

Amazon


If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions and do not receive any benefit for any purchases made based on my review.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.







No comments:

Post a Comment