Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment Mask, by Pure and Essential Minerals: Reviewed

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I love it when I find a hair or beauty product that is natural and has top quality ingredients. I have long, thick, naturally wavy hair that tangles easily and often needs some extra taming. I have been sulfate free for about a year and a half and my hair is loving it. My waves are more defined and my hair is less frizzy. I have also been using a natural boar bristle brush on my hair to distribute the natural oils down my hair and I only use a bamboo seamless (wide tooth) comb for detangling. It is important to make sure your combs are seamless and made of one entire piece, so that there are no sharp areas that can snag or break hair.

I was able to try out Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment Mask, by Pure and Essential Minerals. It comes in an amber glass jar and is 4 oz. Is is important to have a dark glass container (such as this color amber or a dark blue) when using products containing essential oils and other similar ingredients. Light passing through the container can tamper with the purity and integrity of the ingredients, causing them to not last as long or lessening their effectiveness.

This mask contains Certified Organic Argan Oil, Organic Aloe Juice, Organic Castor Oil, Pro-Vitamin B5, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Meadowfoam Oil. There are no harsh chemicals, parabens, fragrances or artificial ingredients. This hair mask is sulfate free (super happy about this). I wash my hair 1-2 times per week and have used this 4 times. My jar is now empty (sad face). The cream is a thin consistency and a lot is needed for my thick, and very long hair. My hair goes past my chest area in length, and guzzles up conditioners and masks like one enjoys a delicious smoothie.

I like how the ingredients in this mask are simple, yet effective. Natural ingredients are always top priority with me as I feel they work better and are safer and gentler for my skin and hair. Argan oil is an amazing oil, and I use it daily for facial cleansing and softening of skin. I have used argan oil in my hair in the past, and finding an Argan oil product in cream form is a plus for me. Aloe is a fantastic ingredient as well. I use aloe for skin healing, moisturizing, and soothing, and it is a great ingredient to use in a hair product. Castor oil contains vitamin E, minerals, proteins, and is antibacterial and anti-fungicidal. Castor oil strengthens hair follicles and can stimulate hair growth. I add castor oil to my husband's shampoo as it helps with thinning hair and hair fall. I also use a small amount of castor oil on my eye lashes for a thickening effect. Castor is also something I add to my facial cleansing oils as it draws out impurities in my pores, and my face is clearer when I use castor oil.

Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein "increases the hair's ability to retain moisture and impart shine and gloss to damaged and dull hair. It attracts and retains moisture, builds body, reduces porosity, improves hair manageability, improves luster and smoothness." (CurlyNikki website)

Organic Meadownfoam Oil adds shine and moisture to the hair, and is beneficial to dry or damaged hair. It has moisturizing and rejuvenating properties. (Mountain Rose website)

We all have heard that coconut oil is a stellar ingredient, and its uses are numerous. Coconut oil improves hair growth and repairs damage. I often use coconut oil on the ends of my hair and use it on my underarms after shaving as it is antifungal and helps with irritation. I have also used coconut oil for oil pulling (cleaning) my teeth.

This hair mask is a great product for me. It softened my hair and provided a light moisture with out any heaviness or waxy feel. I do wish this was thicker and more of a cream. It is not as thick as the stock picture makes it appear and mine was not as full as the stock picture. It did not last long for me (4 uses only), but that is most likely due to my hair thickness and length. I like the jar that it came in, and will rinse it out and use it for my homemade face masks. It has a light smell that is not overpowering. It was not sticky to apply. The directions mention that this should be left in your hair for 5-15 minutes before rinsing out. I left it in for about 5-10 minutes each time. My hair loved this product and I was able to comb my hair easily after rinsing the cream out.



If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions and do not receive any benefit for any purchases made based on my review.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment