Thursday, June 5, 2014

Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo: Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


I had the opportunity to review a shampoo from one of my favorite brands, Adovia. I have tried many of their products including mud masks, sea salt soaps, dead sea mud soaps, etc. I was excited to try this shampoo that I did something I never do. I used the shampoo WITHOUT reading the ingredient label. I ALWAYS read labels before I buy products and check to make sure something is sulfate free. The shampoo looked so promising and wonderful with its Dead Sea Mud, Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Grape See Oil, and Aloe Vera. I had heard of it containing those wonderful ingredients and so did not think much of trying it out on my now almost virgin hair.

I applied it to my hair after washing my face with the Adovia mud bar review posted here(sulfate free and works nicely on my skin). I wondered why it was lathering so well in my hair for a sulfate free product, and then it hit me, sulfates. My eyes immediately scanned the ingredient list and there it was on the 3rd ingredient. :( I was heartbroken. I really REALLY wanted this to be my new sulfate free shampoo.

I have been sulfate free for over a year. I no longer use traditional face washes or shampoos that contain sulfates. I wash my hair once a week now, twice if it gets dirty somehow, and my hair is not oily, limp or smelly. In fact it smells and looks cleaner than when I used to wash my hair daily with regular shampoo. Sulfates are detergents used to make the shampoo lather and foam. Common sulfate types are Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES), Ammonia Laureth Sulphate (ALS), TEA Lauryeth Sulfate (TEA) and Sodium Myreth Sulphate (SMS). These sulfates are also contained in most household cleaning products, which should make you think twice about using them on your skin and hair. Sulfates clean the hair and remove natural oils that are needed for a healthy scalp and hair, often causing frizziness and can strip color from color treated hair.

The rest of this shampoo is pretty great. In fact, if the company could make this a sulfate free shampoo, I would be over the moon. I like all the healthy oils in this formulation. Grape Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Olive Oil, Shea Butter, along with the benefits of Dead Sea Mud Minerals that provide relief for a dry, irritated scalp. These oils leave hair naturally moisturized, silky, and with luminous healthy shine. Vitamin E strengthens the hair root and Chamomile leaves your hair soft and flexible.

I tried this shampoo, but I sadly cannot use it as I am sensitive to sulfates and also the fragrance is much to strong for me. I would describe the scent as similar to a strong salon type hairspray. I would have liked this to smell like essential oils, perhaps a nice lavender or tea tree, or maybe a citrus fragrance. For individuals that are not overly sensitive to certain fragrances, and those who are not sulfate free, this would be a good shampoo for relief from the symptoms of Seborrhea Dermatitis, Psoriasis and other scalp-related problems such as Dandruff.

Ingredients:
Demineralised Water (Aqua) & Dead Sea Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide Dea, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycol Stearate, Propylene Glycol & Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract & Algae Extract & Papaya (Carica Papaya) Extract & Aloe Vera (Barbadensis) Gel, Sodium Chloride, Dead Sea Salt, Polyquaternium – 7, Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Germ Oil, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Carrot (Daucus Carota) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit E), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Would you like more information about this Adovia company and their products?

Cleopatra's Choice

Amazon



I also wanted to mention that my bottle arrived with a cap that appeared to not fit properly. It does not look like the same size cap used in the Adovia stock photo. The strange thing is that this is the same type cap that my Adovia conditioner has as well (review on the way). There wasn't any spillage, it just seems like my lid/cap is not on all the way. Not a big deal, I just felt worth mentioning.

If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions and do not receive any benefit for any purchases made based on my review.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.












No comments:

Post a Comment