Monday, June 30, 2014

Eucalyptus Essential Oil by Elite Gold: Reviewed



I have an area of my laundry room where I keep an old cabinet with my little apothecary type items. It has an assortment of essential oils, botanical ingredients, clays for facial and hair masks, shea butter, coconut butter, coco butter, and other herbal items. I am always excited when I find another use for one of my oils or when a new oil enters my little cabinet.

I had the opportunity to review a eucalyptus oil from Elite Gold Solutions. I received a 1 oz bottle to try out. I have found so many uses for it and it is serving me well daily.

My most favorite and widely used method of use is as a disinfectant and household cleaner. I mix about 5-7 drops of Eucalyptus oil, 5-7 drops of Peppermint oil, 5-7 drops of Tea Tree oil, 5-7 drops of Lavender oil, 2 table spoons of white vinegar and hot water in a spray bottle. I use this to wipe our kitchen counters and table. This leaves a fresh and clean fragrance in our home and the surfaces are not sticky after wiping. This disinfects our bathrooms and our little one's potty chair. For deodorizing and disinfecting the toilet bowel, use 1 tablespoon of eucalyptus oil and 1 tablespoon of lavender oil. Eucalyptus oil is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal. It has a strong but invigorating scent.


Another use for Eucalyptus oil is for skin and body. With summer weather here, we all can use a cool down every now and then. Place several drops of Eucalyptus oil in a spray bottle, along with peppermint oil and pure clear aloe vera (aloe vera gel with no alcohol or dyes---however straight gel from the aloe plant is best if possible) and spritz over the body. This would be helpful for refreshing and cooling your skin on a extremely hot summer day or to help with tired itchy feet or sunburned skin. Using Eucalyptus oil compresses during a high fever can help the body regulate its temperature. Eucalyptus oil helps with respiratory and sinus infections, arthritis, muscle aches and pains, migraines, wounds, etc. Often it is used in a diffuser to help alleviate cold symptoms and reduce mucus. It is antiseptic, antibacterial, and deodorizing. I have used it in homemade body deodorants. I am aluminum free and sulfate free, so I have made my own deodorant in the past. I use LaVanila Lemon usually, however, a diy mixture of tea tree, eucalyptus, lavender, aloe, coconut oil, arrow root powder with a small amount of baking soda works wonderfully. I do have to watch my use of baking soda, and only use a tiny amount in my natural deodorant cream as my skin is sensitive to it. This is usually fixed by decreasing the baking soda and increasing the arrow root powder. If arrow root powder cannot be found, you can use corn starch. I have found natural/homemade deodorant to work extremely well and I have zero odor.

This oil can be applied to the skin with a carrier oil, such as jojoba or olive oil or whatever other type of carrier oil you have on hand. I use jojoba for most everything as it is a lightweight oil similar to own skin sebum. Use 1-2 drops of Eucalyptus oil to 1-3 tsp of carrier oil. I have used it in place of tea tree. We cloth diaper in our home, and also make our own cloth baby wipe solution. I use a Munchkin brand wipe warmer (tape the top pop up part closed and use the larger lid opening) and fill with water, and 5 drops each of Eucalyptus oil, Lavender, Tea Tree, and Jojoba oil, with about 2 squirts of Burt"s Bee's Baby shampoo. The essential oils keep the water and wipes from smelling or getting moldy, and are skin soothing and cleansing/disinfecting.

Eucalyptus is insecticidal as well. I use the same spray bottle mixture that I clean counters with, and spray it on door ways, in cracks, and in corners to prevent spiders and other insects as I live in an old country home. Insects are not font of the smell and also do not like the oils getting on their legs or tasting it.

Other uses for this amazing oil:

•-> AROMATHERAPY (put in a diffuser for relieving colds, congestion, stress relief, migraines)
•-> SKIN HEALTH treat and heal acne, burns, wounds, insect bites
•-> SOOTHE SORE MUSCLES and JOINTS: It can be used for massage therapy, just mix with a carrier oil such as jojoba
•-> BOOST CIRCULATION to the body, brain
•-> NATURAL DISINFECTANT safe, gentle home cleaner
•-> EASE PAIN & INFLAMMATION can help soothe rheumatic, arthritic, and other types of pain
•-> ELIMINATE LICE//INSECTICIDE naturally, and prevent unwanted pests

I like this oil a lot and am finding so many uses for it. I must admit, even though I have used various essential oils for years, I never realized how versatile Eucalyptus oil was. I used to use it just for colds several years back and put it in a diffuser. I never tried researching or testing out different uses for it. But I have used this bottle now for almost a month (daily) and it is now a staple in this home.

This particular brand uses steam distilled extraction and their Eucalyptus oil is undiluted, made in the USA, and "Purity-Potency Guaranteed." For more information about this product or to purchase, check them out on Amazon: Eucalyptus Essential Oil


If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.





No comments:

Post a Comment