Saturday, June 21, 2014

Dead Sea Mud Facial Mask by Pure and Essential Minerals: Reviewed



I was able to review a fantastic product recently from Pure and Essential Minerals. It was their Argan Oil Restorative Treatment Hair Mask. My only negative about it was the fact that it was gone in about 4 uses and it is a bit thin. (My hair is extra thick and falls past my chest). My hair gulped it down because the ingredients were so natural and top quality. I had the opportunity to review another product from this company and I was even more impressed with the next product. It is a Dead Sea Mud facial mask and it smells and feels super luxurious. I felt like I was in a high end spa whenever I used the mask.

Dead Sea Mud contains more than 21 skin-reviving minerals including magnesium, calcium, sulfur, bromide, iodine, sodium, zinc and potassium. The minerals in this mask help heal, detoxify, and cleanse skin, keeping it looking young and refreshed. It draws out dirt from clogged pores. This mud contains some fantastic ingredients: Pure Dead Sea Mud, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Jojoba Oil, Hickory Bark Extract, Organic Calendula Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Filtered Water, and Xanthan Gum.

Shea Butter is anti-inflammatory with antiaging properties. Shea butter contains essential fatty acids, along with vitamins A and E.

Sunflower Oil contains Vitamin E and fatty acids. Vitamin E helps combat skin redness and softens skin.

Organic Aloe Vera soothes burns, inflammation, puffiness, skin redness, and also relieves itching. Aloe Vera is great for preventing wrinkles and can heal scars. If you buy aloe from a store, make sure it is clear and pure, without alcohol in it.

Organic Vegetable Glycerin is a fantastic humectant, it provides moisture to skin. It attracts moisture to water. I always add vegetable glycerin to my facial oils and my shaving soaps. I also make my own natural eye drops with 1 cup of boiled water, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 3 drops of vegetable glycerin mixed together and cooled. I then use a sterile dropper.

Organic Jojoba Oil is a great oil to use on our facial skin, hair and body as it is most like our own sebum oils in our skin. It is not a heavy or greasy oil and it absorbs quickly.

Hickory Bark Extract is something I was not familiar with, so I consulted Google. It is used as an astringent and prevents microbial growth. I would think it would help to act as a natural preservative for this mask while in the jar.

The next ingredient is my favorite. I love all things Calendula! It is also known as Marigold, and is beneficial in reducing inflammation, promoting wound healing, and assisting with skin problems. We use a calendula baby cream on our infant when he has flaky scalp and dry skin on his face. My husband and I both use it whenever we have a burn or skin irritation. It always heals whatever skin ailments we have, often overnight. We use a few drops of it (in oil form)in our homemade baby wipe solution as it prevents and treats red baby bottoms.

Eucalyptus Oil is antibacterial and inflammatory. It is also used to treat colds. It is an effective wound treatment and helps heal skin eruptions such as acne.

Here is how I use the mud mask: I apply a medium thick layer of Dead Sea Mud Mask to my face, avoiding my eye area. I leave the mud on to dry for 15-20 minutes to allow full absorption of Dead Sea Minerals and to tighten and cleanse my pores. The instructions say to leave on 10 minutes, but I like to leave on longer than 10 minutes. Remove the mud mask by gently rubbing in circular motion (being extra gentle near my delicate eyelids) for an overall exfoliation. I then wash any excess mud mask with warm water and gently pat dry. I apply my Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid to my skin afterward. My skin feels refreshed and smooth. I love the fragrance of this mud mask!


I used this mud mask once a week for a month, and it can be used as a spot treatment for acne as well. I used it a few times on just my nose to draw out blackheads. This rinses easily and feels ultra soothing and like a luxurious spa treatment. This mask will save you money on expensive spa treatments that could easily cost you anywhere between $50 and $100 per treatment. I sometimes add a drop or 2 of tea tree oil to my mud in my hand before applying it to my face. (take care not to get the oil in eyes) The jar will last for many uses depending on how thick you apply.

This mud mask has anti-aging properties and cleanses pores. Rich Dead Sea minerals clean, heal, soften and revitalize skin. I like the top quality organic essential oils and botanical ingredients. This product is free of sulfates, phosphates and parabens. It is cruelty free and vegan certified.

For more information on this mask, check it out on Amazon: Dead Sea Mud Facial Mask


If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



1 comment:

  1. This was seriously like my favorite thing to review lol

    ReplyDelete