Thursday, May 15, 2014

Rosehip Seed Oil & Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic and Ferulic Acid by InstaNatural: Reviewed

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


I recently came across a company that makes several types of skin care oils and antiaging creams. The brand is InstaNatural. I have tried several of their products and I have to say that I am impressed. I was able to test out their rosehip seed oil and their vitamin c serum. I was very happy to see that their rosehip oil was a generous 4 oz when it arrived to me. That is fantastic, and is a great value for the money. I had heard of rosehip seed oil and its wonderful benefits to skin, however had never tried it for myself.

Rosehip Seed Oil helps diminish the appearance of scars, stretch marks and acne, other spots. I opened the container and revealed a light amber to yellow orange colored oil. Rosehip seed oil is considered a “dry” oil, meaning that it soaks into the skin easily, and does not leave a greasy residue. This is a benefit to me as I do not like when my fingers, hands, or face feel sticky or greasy. I applied some oil to my fingers and then applied to my face. It is a rather pungent smelling oil, not terrible, but definitely stronger in scent than other types of oils. To me, it smells oily, if that makes sense? :) This does not prevent me from using it, and it is not something other people would smell once this is on your face, so do not worry.

Rosehip seed oil is an excellent facial hydrator, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant, and penetrates skin while reducing the appearance of scars and fine lines. It is able to help repair the skin's surface and restore elasticity. As we age, our skin loses elasticity and collagen and wrinkles occur. It contains Essential fatty acids, which are beneficial for healing the skin.

This InstaNatural Rosehip seed oil contains only 100% Pure Certified Organic Rosehip Seed Oil - No fillers, which is nice. I stay away from cosmetics that are filled with chemicals and hard to pronounce ingredients.

I oil cleanse my face each day (I use various oils and like to vary it what types I use)and do not use any sulfates or traditional soap based cleansers. Sulfates dry out skin and cause skin to actually produce more oil and breakouts. I have noticed a big improvement on my skin over the past year with just removing sulfates from my lifestyle. (I do not use traditional sulfate shampoo either). Sodium lauryl sulfate, a common ingredient added to face wash and cleansers to make soaps foam, is a chemical that is lurking in most of the products available today. I read labels and if it is in a product, I pass on using it. It strips the skin of natural oils that our skin needs for protection and moisture. When we use sulfates, our skin reacts and then tries to restore itself by producing more oil to compensate.

After washing my face with my usual jojoba oil, caster oil, grapeseed oil, and glycerin mixture, and then hot water facial cloth steaming, and closing the pores with cool water, I allow my face to dry. I then apply Vitamin C serum, and allow it to soak into my face. Since receiving the Rosehip seed oil, I have added it to my facial oil cleansing mixture. This oil doesn't clog my pores, and it has many skin loving and nourishing properties.

I have also used this Rosehip seed oil as a first aid oil for various cuts and rashes in this household. My husband has dry hands and knuckles and he has used this to soften and heal his skin when it cracks.

I also received the InstaNatural Vitamin C serum and have been testing that out as well. I apply it after my face is cleansed, steamed, cooled, and patted dry. I apply the Vitamin C serum as well as the InstaNatural Hyaluronic acid serum. The Vitamin C serum contains Vitamin C (20%) + E + Ferulic + Hyaluronic Acid, but as an added benefit, I use the stand alone Hyaluronic acid as well. I like the way my skin feels hydrated afterwards. The Vitamin C serum contains many beneficial ingredients, but the ones I love the most are the aloe vera, jojoba oil, witch hazel, and glycerin. Those ingredients work really well on my skin and are soothing.

I like both of these products and recommend them.


If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment