Wednesday, May 14, 2014

OvenArt Silicone Bakeware: Reviewed

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Tonight I was in the mood to make brownies. It is crazy, but I hated brownies as a kid. In fact it was not until about college when I was living on my own that I really began to love them. The thing is, my mom always made hers super cakey when we were growing up (that is how she liked them) and to me, it seemed like heavy non-moist fudgey chocolate cake---and she served it hot out of the oven. If I am going to have chocolate cake, which I LOOOOVE, I want it to be light, fluffy, and moist, and not resembling a somewhat fluffy but heavy brownie--and I want it super COLD from the fridge. All those years I would pass on brownies at birthday parties and church functions because I figured I was destined to hate brownies. Well one day I happened to try a CHEWY brownie, with very crunchy sides, and WOW, was I loving it! I could not believe what I was missing all my life. So now, I adore brownies, IF they are a little crunchy and chewy, cold from the fridge, and I wand an END PIECE. I picked up a box of Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix yesterday...this is suuuuuper chocolatey for all those chocoholics out there. I decided tonight was the night to make them since it was not too hot and it had rained all day and with the windows now open, there was a wonderful rainy wednesday night breeze. I hate heating up a kitchen in the summertime, so when you get a nice cool evening, you gotta take the opportunity to bake, especially if you have chocolate that NEEDS cooking. :)

I had received an OvenArt red silicone baking sheet a few weeks back that I had not yet had the chance to use. It is a gorgeous red color and looks classy in our pink, green, white kitchen (with accents of red strawberry decor). I have never had a red baking sheet and so this was a treat as it looks so fun and adds a pop of color. I am not a stranger to silicone bakeware, we had some pink silicone bakeware purchased for us from our wedding registry, however, the light pink color stained easily and after years of stains, we sadly had to say goodbye to it. This cupcake baking sheet is floppier than my pink one and after looking over the product, it has been said that the reason for this is that it does not have plastic filler in it to make it stiff.

This pan is standard cupcake pan / muffin tin size: 12.8 x 9.7 x 1.2 inches. It is safe for use in the oven, microwave, freezer, and dishwasher according to the manufacturer. The company stands behind their products with their 100% "Better Muffin" Lifetime Guarantee. This silicone muffin pan made from 100% BPA-free, plastic filler-free, premium silicone. You do not need to worry about chemical coatings leeching into your food and harming you and your loved ones. Metal pans are heavy, ugly, they rust and wear down with continued use. Baked on food is time consuming to clean and scrape even after soaking in the sink.

I decided to put my brownies in the muffin pan as I wanted ALL END PIECES. :) I also knew it would be another late night with my newborn and I did not want to be up late cleaning a baking pan that may get crusty and messy.

Because of the top quality silicone used in this pan (no plastic fillers like cheaper versions) it is floppier and I did have difficulty putting it in the oven with my oven mits, so you might want to put it on a baking sheet before putting it in and when taking it out of the oven to stabilize it. I thought of this only AFTER these were almost done baking.

After the brownies were done, I took this out and even though it was still crazy hot, I tested the ease of taking a brownie out. It did not stick, and only left a slight moist brownie residue. This can be washed out by hand or put in the top rack of the dishwasher.


This is a high-quality silicone muffin pan, and truly non-stick. I liked using it and we will continue using it in this household. I can see us using this for sweet corn muffins or banana nut bread muffins, or any other baking treat. I think this would be nice for mini cheesecake desserts...yummy!

If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.




No comments:

Post a Comment