Monday, May 26, 2014

Konjac Facial Sponge w/ Bamboo Charcoal: Reviewed

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I have always known the importance of exfoliation and have tried many things over the years. I have tried microdermabrasion crystals, drugstore facial scrubs, homemade sugar and honey scrubs, special microfiber face towels and many more. I recently had heard of Konjac sponges and wanted to try one about a year ago but at that time I had just purchased a NutraSonic which is a generic brand of the Clarisonic facial brush. I had seen nice results with it and figured I did not need to buy anything else at that time. I was given the opportunity a few weeks ago to try out the Konjac sponge and jumped at the chance.

The sponge arrived and I could not wait to try it out the next day. This particular one is a small, round dark grey Konjac infused with charcoal. It arrived with a string (thread) attached and a plastic hook on suction to attach and hang in the shower or on your bathroom wall. The next day I used it in the shower. I was not sure how long to soak it for the first use, so I soaked it in hot water for 3 minutes. After soaking for 3 minutes, it seemed ready to use. I noticed that the sizing did not increase as much as I hoped and it was not the easiest to hold in my hand. One side was more rounded and the other side was flat. I felt great on my face as I lightly scrubbed around my nose and cheeks and chin. I had wished it was about double the size and more teardrop shaped so that it would fit more into my palm and be more ergonomic to hold. I found it to be quite relaxing to use and my face felt smooth and soft after using it.

What exactly is Konjac? It is a moisture rich perennial plant native to Asia, and loved for its health promoting properties. It is used as a medicine, a food, and as a beauty product. It is naturally alkaline, and balances the acidity of the skin's impurities and oils and promotes new growth of skin cells. This sponge is made of 100% pure vegetable fiber and contains activated carbon and essential minerals. This pureSOL Konjac Sponge is free of parabens, sulphates & chemicals. It is suggested to replace after 2-3 months of continuous use.

I did not have any redness or irritation. I have been using it every day for almost 2 weeks and like it a lot. My only request would be that the company adjust the size to be bigger so that it is easier and more comfortable to hold and use. I had been using this with just water, but today decided to use some of my charcoal bar face soap. It worked great and I would say I like using it either way. This is a nice Konjac sponge and I would recommend getting one if you are thinking about it.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment