Monday, May 19, 2014

Even Glow Serum by Valentia Skin Care: Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


For those of you that read my blog regularly, you know I have reviewed many brands of Vitamin C serum in the past few months. Vitamin C reduces inflammation and improves cell renewal. Vitamin C is taken internally is beneficial to immune system, skincare and overall health, however, it has been found that topical use often works even better. I had been given the opportunity to review a serum by Valentia Skin care, it is their Even Glow serum with a potent 20% concentration of Vitamin C. It arrived safely to me in the mail and was presented in a beautiful white box. Most of the Vitamin C serums I have reviewed arrive in bubble wrap in a plain shipping box but this one arrived in a professional white box with gold trim along with the shipping box and well padded.

Opening the serum, it was unlike the serums I have tried in the past. This one was bright orange in color and smelled of citrus. This was a nice surprise as the previous brands were nearly unscented and clear.

The Valentia Vitamin C serum has added ingredients that enhance and support Vitamin C's effect on the skin. They are ingredients that I am quite familiar with and ones that I have had positive experience with in the past when used on my skin.

Rosehip Seed Oil helps diminish the appearance of scars, eczema, stretch marks and acne. It is an excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant, and penetrates skin while reducing the appearance of scars and fine lines. Rosehip seed oil promotes skin hydration and locks in moisture to protect skin from drying out. It helps repair the skin's surface and restore elasticity. As we age, our skin loses elasticity and collagen, causing the appearance of wrinkles. It contains essential fatty acids, which are beneficial for healing the skin.
I use Rosehip Seed Oil in my personal facial oil cleansing routine. Rosehip seed oil has a rather pungent smell on its own, so I am happy that it does not make this serum smell unpleasant.

I use the oil cleansing method on my face. I have been sulfate free for over a year. I do not use traditional face washes or soaps. Sulfates dry out skin and cause skin to actually produce more oil and breakouts. I cleanse my face with oil, and my skin thanks me for it.

Organic Sea Buckthorn oil reduces inflammation, aids in cellular rejuvenation, wound and scar healing, improves complexion, is helpful at preventing acne, and aids in correcting eczema.

The only ingredient from this list that I had not heard of before was Resitem. After doing a quick Google search, I found that Resistem (Plant Stem Cells) is often in anti-aging cosmetics and aids in protection from stress-related aging and promotes skin detoxification. Resistem protects skin from environmental stressors that could potentially cause premature aging.

Hyaluronic Acid (Botanical) is an excellent moisturizer that restores skins firmness, natural resilience and is beneficial for skin health. "Holding up to 1000 times its weight in water and drawing moisture out of the environment and onto the surface of your skin," Hyaluronic acid boosts collagen production for a more youthful, supple and glowing complexion.

We have all heard how green tea is very healthy when taken internally. This serum has Green Tea Extract which contains potent antioxidants called catechins which are beneficial to the skin as they are anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant. It has protective properties that fight against free radicals, infections, and toxins.

I have been testing out this serum and am liking it a lot. I must admit, I have a small collection of Vitamin C serums now, however, so far it is safe to say that this one is my favorite because it is different in appearance of the serum (orange), it has a refreshing citrus smell (the others are fragrance free--which is fine but this citrus smell is calming and seems to be mood enhancing to me) and the packaging presentation is attractive.

It is often that people seem to give glowing reviews when a product they received for free is tested. I guess they feel that they have to say wonderful things even when a product was only used a few times. But this is not the case with me. I like to test out a product for several uses and often will test out a product for an entire month or longer to get a good grasp on how it works or does not work. Now I will not claim that I look younger already or that this is the fountain of youth in a bottle, however it does make my skin smooth and soft and I do believe that using Vitamin C serum daily (along with the added ingredients in this bottle) can be highly beneficial for anti-aging. Products do not cause people to look younger overnight, or even with a few uses, so I will not claim that this product does that. However, I would agree and believe that with extended use of this Valentia Even Glow Vitamin C serum, along with drinking plenty of water, getting rest, abstaining from smoking, protecting skin from over exposure to UV rays, and reducing environmental stressors, skin will appear more youthful and supple.

I like the name of this serum, Valentia "Even Glow", and feel that it does give my skin a nice glow. The ingredients in this serum are nice and will help with aging more gracefully. I love the scent of oranges in this serum. I love the fact that this serum is not sticky or greasy feeling when applied, and it absorbs into my skin quickly. I would recommend this serum if you are looking for a top quality Vitamin C serum.

For more information on this company and their products please visit their Amazon page:

vitamin c serum

I am not paid for this review and do not receive any benefit from any purchases made or visits to the link provided.


If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment