Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Belitae Fresh C serum: Reviewed

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I have another lovely product to review for you all today. It is another Vitamin C serum. I drink orange juice frequently and love to eat tangerines/mandarins, but did you know that Vitamin C is 20 times more effective when applied on our skin versus being taken internally? I am quite fond of Vitamin C serums as they are never sticky or oily, yet they hydrate my skin and give a luminosity and healthy glow. They feel refreshing, and are similar in application to pure aloe vera gel, but with so many more added benefits.

I am reviewing the Belitae Fresh C serum. I received it in the mail from the company in exchange for a review. It arrived in nice, neat packaging. I have reviewed many C Serums previously and so far this one is the first to arrive in its own little product box inside of the shipping box and was well padded. Most other Vitamin C serums have arrived just in bubble wrapping. The white packaging is attractive with a brightly lit floral orange graphic, which is nice, since it brings to mind the happy color mood of oranges, which are packed with Vitamin C. The bottle is housed in a dark cobalt blue glass bottle (with a dropper) to prevent oxidation and maintain the integrity of the ingredients.

Upon first look, this is MADE IN THE USA!!! I love finding products made here as it seems more things are increasingly made over seas...even high end purses...sadly. I am an avid purse and cosmetic lover and try to buy things made in the USA when possible.

This serum is a lightweight, clear, fragrance free, formula that restores skin's natural glow and stimulates collagen and elastin, helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. I am trying to transition almost completely to all natural products, and am happy that this is 98% natural and made with 72% organic ingredients and absolutely NO added fillers. It is cruelty free, phalate free, paraben free, and gluten free.

I love how it has Hyaluronic Acid, Vegetable Glycerin, Jojoba Oil, Witch Hazel, and Organic Aloe Vera as these are ingredients I use daily in my beauty regime. Hyaluronic acid is an excellent moisturizer that restores skins firmness, natural resilience and is beneficial for skin health. Glycerin is a humectant that attracts moisture to our skin. I always add vegetable glycerin to my oils when I do my oil cleansing facials. I use jojoba oil in my facial oil steam cleansing. Jojoba is quickly absorbed without leaving a greasy residue because it is so similar to the natural oils in our skin and hair. I like to use witch hazel as a toner, and it works wonderful for soothing and clearing up blemishes. I am loving my Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel right now, and it is nice that this Vitamin C serum has witch hazel as well. Another ingredient I love that is in this nice serum: Aloe Vera (make sure you get the clear, pure kind without alcohols when you buy it--better yet, try to get an actual aloe plant if possible) is loved for its healing, anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, and soothing properties. Aloe Vera boosts the production of collagen, which is necessary for anti-aging and restoring elasticity to skin. As we age, our skin gradually loses it tightness and firmness.

Vitamin C Serum helps to fade age spots and discolorations while making our skin feel smooth and soft. This serum is formulated with a super charged form of Vitamin C called "STAY-C 50." This type of Vitamin C soaks into the skin where it is converted to Ascorbic Acid (a type of Vitamin C) by our cells. STAY-C50 is a more stable and bio-available formulation of Vitamin C.

The nice aspect about this serum is that this goes to work immediately when applied. It soaks in so easily and is not sticky or greasy feeling. I like not having to wash my hands immediately after application, as I apply this at my vanity in my bedroom. It would be a hassle for me to have to wash off a sticky residue from my hands before make up application.

Ingredient List
Organic Aloe Vera and Organic Gotu Kola and Organic Horsetail and Organic Geranium and STAY-C 50 (Vitamin C) and MSM and Botanical Hyaluronic Acid and Witch Hazel and Kosher Vegetable Glycerin and L-Arginine and Jojoba Oil and Phenoxyethanol (1%) and Ethylhexyl Glycerin
(1%)

I like this serum and recommend it if you are looking for a Vitamin C serum to try. I have been testing it out for about a month with no irritation and no breakouts. My skin is soft and not dried out. If you are interested in learning more about this serum, it is available on Amazon from the company.


If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.







No comments:

Post a Comment