Saturday, May 17, 2014

Asher And Watson Set Sail: A Pirate's Book For Children: Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Asher Barry receives a toy sailboat for his birthday and plays with it in his bath tub before dinner. Asher and his favorite pal Watson (who also happens to be a puppy) are having fun in the safe confines of his tub when suddenly Watson knocks over an entire bottle of bubbles. Asher then, in his make believe world suddenly was transported into a faraway and dangerous land where caterpillars are as big as buses and pirates roam and steal treasure.

Will Asher and Watson make it through the storm and find the buried treasure? You will have to read and find out for yourself!

Imagination is important to a child's psychological, social, and emotional well being and growth. When a child engages in pretend (or dramatic) play, they are learning about their surroundings and the world around them. Asher is a boy with a vivid imagination and traveled to another world with his best pal.

Julie Schoen author and mom to a little boy named Asher, wrote this book showing us just how wild and adventurous a little kid's imagination can be. Asher had some challenges along the way and we see how he is able to overcome them.

This is a cute little story that I read to my 3 year old daughter. She liked seeing the brightly colored pictures and especially loved Watson.
I read it to her twice and then she has carried it to her little story book corner and has looked it over on her own as well. My only critique would be that most if not all my pages had a greenish line of ink transfer on the text pages. Also the front cover graphics looked a bit squished or distorted to fit to the page. I am not sure if my booklet had a printing error or not.

This book is available in paperback or kindle form on Amazon.


If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.





No comments:

Post a Comment