Friday, May 23, 2014

100% Pure Certified Organic Argan Oil by InstaNatural: Reviewed

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

As you know from my previous blog reviews and postings, I LOVE oils in my daily beauty routine. I use oils in my hair, on my skin when I shower, I add it to my shaving soaps and creams, I cleanse my face with it, and my babies are bathed with it. I was happy to be sent some 100% Pure Certified Organic Argan Oil from the beloved InstaNatural company. I save beloved, as all the products that I have tried from them are truly top notch. They have a wide variety of cosmetic and beauty items varying from creams, serums, lotions and oils, and they always contain a generous amount in their bottles. The bottles are glass and dark tinted to preserve the healing properties of their serums, and their labels are professional. There are no chemicals or preservatives added to their products. The Argan oil they sent me for review is no exception. It contains only one ingredient. I had reviewed an Argan oil earlier this week that was meant for hair. It was from another company and if you read that review, you will see that I was not too happy about it. The other brand contained many chemicals that I could not pronounce or spell and Aran oil was the THIRD ingredient out of many unfamiliar ones.

I like all in one products. I was not too happy about the other product because it was unsure about the other ingredients and I would not have been comfortable using it on my children. I realize the other product was intended as a salon and hair product only, however, I like pure oils and serums that can have many uses and I had hoped to be able to use it for more than just hair.

The InstaNatural Aragon oil is pure and truly is multifunctional and can be used in various ways and can be added to many of my products to boost the anti-aging and healing properties. Argan oil will moisturize and hydrate skin, face, hair and body. Add a drop or two of argan oil to your foundation, bb cream, or tinted moisturizer for a dewy, luminous glow. I am a bb cream gal and so this argan oil gets a drop added to my bb cream, after my face has been primed with my vitamin c serum and hyaluronic acid and facial primer. I then apply my bb cream with a damp beauty blender sponge and then top my face with Bare Minerals mineral veil.

I have used this argan oil in my hair. After my shower, while my hair is still wet, I add a few drops of argan oil to my palms, warm it up, and apply some to my ends to hydrate and moisturize and seal the cuticle. It can be added to the scalp and throughout your entire hair, but since I only wash my hair twice a week, and have natural sebum, it is not necessary for me. I also am sulfate free so I do not use harsh shampoos and do not need much added oils. My hair is in much better condition since stopping sulfates a year ago.

Argan oil is a dry oil, it absorbs quickly. It reminds me of jojoba oil in a way as it is not greasy. I love and use both types of oil daily. I cleanse my face with oil, and have not used traditional soap on my face over a year. If I use soap, it is a simple low ingredient, low sudsing, soap without sulfates. I sometimes use Dr. Bronners castile soap or an herbal or charcoal or mud soap once a week or less. I mainly wash my face with oil, and that has been the best decision ever. Like dissolves like, and so oil has caused my skin to be LESS OILY. I have no acne and my face is glowing and soft.

Here is how I cleanse my face at night, please note that this is what I do when I have makeup on. On days when I do not wear makeup (remember I am a busy stay at home mommy who sometimes does not get out of the house but a few days a week) I do not wash my face at night on non-makeup days, as my face gets washed in the shower earlier in the day. Over washing your face can dry it out. Luckily washing with oil, does not dry it out.

I first wash my face with the oil cleansing method at night, using various combinations of either jojoba, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, rosehip seed oil or apricot kernal oil paired with caster oil, vegetable glycerin, and Argan oil to remove my makeup. Regardless of whatever oil I use, I always pair it with caster oil, glycerin, and Argan oil. I have a variety of these oils so I just use what I am in the mood for or have on hand, these all work well for combination to oily skin as they are light and glide well without being heavy. I have seen such wonderful results with this method. My skin is clearer, smoother, and little to no acne.

I first warm the oil mixture in my hands and then smooth it gently over my cheeks, eyes, forehead, etc. This loosens up dirt, oil, and makeup. I then add some warm water to my face and keep gently massaging until the oil has removed my makeup and my face is ready to oil cleanse. I wear black mascara, bb cream, bare minerals matte mineral foundation, blush and eye shadow on days that I get out of the house, so I have a full face of make up to remove when I come back home. Some days I have on waterproof black eyeliner in a 60's cat eye style and those days my removal takes a step longer.

Once my face is clean of make up, I put another small amount of oil mixture (pre-mixed oils into a bottle) on my face and massage well, but lightly. I then turn on the water at the sink and get my wash cloth really hot (turn off the water please to conserve) and squeeze out excess water from the hot cloth. I let it steam over my oiled face till the cloth is cooled. The steam really opens my pores and the dirt is lifted out. My nose and upper cheeks have large pores that are prone to blackheads, so this is how I help with prevention. I then gently wipe the oil away and rinse the washcloth out again with hot water and repeat 1-2 times depending on my level of need, then pat with a cold wash cloth to close the pores. Afterwards, my skin looks and feels amazing. It is smooth and my pores are clear. I then add add Hyaluronic Acid serum and Vitamin C serum. If I am out of Vitamin C serum or the Hyaluronic Acid, I use 100% aloe (alcohol free, color free) to my face.

I also use Argan on my hands and cuticles. I do not get manicures professionally anymore, as the french manicure acrylic fumes in salons are a bit much for me, and with my busy mommy life with 2 littles now, I would not be able to do much with long fingernails. I do however like a little at home pampering now and then.

I keep my nails clipped short. About once a month, sometimes every other month, if I get too busy for pampering myself (no I am not trying to play the martyr, just keeping it real as I have been super busy with my sweet mommy life that I love very much), I like to trim my cuticles with a cuticle trimmer and massage a few drops of argan oil into my cuticles to soften, moisturize and encourage nail growth.

You can use Argan oil or any of the above oils really, as an overnight treatment on rough heels by applying to your feet and toes and then using a sock to lock in in. I have a special pair of cuchiony aloe inflused socks I got at a drugstore a few years back, and they are luxurious to wear over freshly groomed and pampered feet...do not forget to trim those toenails! Sandal weather is here and it would be a scary sight to see over grown nails while wearing your cute sandals.

Other uses for Argan is healing of imperfections and scars, and anti-aging due to the high levels of vitamin E and humectant properties.
I really like this company and this oil. It is pure and has many uses. I like how it is natural and does not contain chemicals.

A brief and interesting fact about Argan nuts that I found when browsing the internet: Yes, those are goats in that tree. The Argan tree in Morocco produces a yellow fruit, and as food in this region is scarce, the goats have gotten skilled at climbing the argan trees to munch on fruit. The fruit contains pits which contain kernels that are ground to produce Argan oil. Argan oil is expensive due to its location of the trees and its rarity. Sadly, Argan trees are becoming rarer as they are growing only in a few parts of the world, and as goats often eat too frequently and rapidly from them. Locals often cut Argan trees for firewood which has cut the number of argan trees to half of what was available 50 years ago. When argan seeds are roasted, the oil is able to be used in cooking over fish and salads. It is the unroasted oil that is used in cosmetics.

If you found this review or any of my other reviews interesting or helpful, please rate is as "helpful" and or leave a comment. I enjoy writing reviews and hearing feedback about what I have written as I feel reviews help those interested make an informed decision before purchasing. I also feel that honest and informative reviews improve a product by providing insight to the company. I believe reviews should be honest no matter whether an item was free, at a discount, or purchased. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. I am not paid for my opinions.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment