Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bonapiel: Advanced Spot Cream with Salycilic Acid and Rosehip Extract, A Review.

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.



I had the opportunity to review a product from Bonapiel. This arrived promptly from Amazon and was padded in bubble wrap. At first look, it does seem to come in a small container, but that is usually how high end creams/serums are presented. I realize that this will probably last decently well as it is meant as a spot treatment and not necessarily used all over the face. I like the sleek silver container and the top dispenser pump works well. It is easy and comfortable to hold in my hand. It looks classy and sophisticated.

After trying this cream 2 weeks, this cream is gentle on my face, and does not burn or contain heavy fragrances that would possibly cause irritation or sensitivity. I use it as a spot treatment once a day (in the evening). My routine: Bonapiel Advanced Spot cream: after my makeup has been removed (gently with one of my facial oils--jojoba oil, almond oil or grape seed oil--whichever I have on hand or decide to use), then my face cleansed with oil cleansing method, steamed, cooled, patted dry, and then I tone with lemon witch hazel on cotton. I apply this under my eyes where I have dark circles. I also use this as a spot treatment on acne marks.

It is gradually fading my older red toned acne scars and my complexion is becoming more even in those spots. I have only used this about 2 weeks, so I will not say this is a miracle product---yet. But I have full confidence that this will be beneficial in fading my skin marks and creating a more even and brighter tone to my complexion. In the past year, I have switched to using more natural cosmetics (mineral makeup) and beauty products. I began my journey a year ago and have seen my complexion and hair become more radiant and easier to manage.

I love how Bonapiel is made in the USA, and is formulated with extracts of natural oils such as rose hip oil, and moisturizers such as cocoa and shea butter, providing hydration, radiance and improvement to overall skin color. I had heard of Rosehip oil and of its amazing benefits to skin and complexion, but did not know much more about it. So I decided to connect with my friend Google, and found out that Rosehip oil comes from pods remaining on flowers of wild rose bushes, after once the petals are gone. That sounds really nice, that there are benefits even after the beauty of the flower fades. It reminds me of one of my favorite oils, Calendula oil, that is made from the marigold flowering plant. (Calendula is excellent for scars, irritation, and skin problems.) I am thinking Rosehip oil works similarly. Rosehip contains high levels of Vitamin A, Vitamin C. This advanced spot cream contains Salicylic acid, which is an ingredient used in many acne fighting medications and sometimes is derived from willow bark. It is helpful in drying up acne to reveal clearer skin.

This acne and spot treatment does not contain parabens, dyes or artificial fragrances, nor does it contain Hydroquinone or harmful bleaches. Hydroquinone has recently been banned by the FDA in some formulations (over the counter and prescription) and has been strongly discouraged in some health care circles. One problem with Hydroquinone is that it is a strong skin bleaching that can make skin more sensitive to sunlight and more irritated. This is called photosensitivity. Sunburns and skin damage can easily occur with unprotected use of Hydroquinone or its overuse.

Bonapiel contains shea butter (from the shea tree) which is helpful in preventing wrinkles and stretch marks, and also protects our skin against aging. Shea butter contains Vitamin A and E, which are helpful in preventing wrinkles, healing skin conditions, and eczema.

I really like this cream. It does seem to come in a small container as I mentioned previously, but that is usually how high end creams/serums are presented. I like the sleek silver container and the top dispenser pump works well. It is not messy or greasy to use, and it does not burn or irritate my skin. It does not have a harsh fragrance. I will continue to test out this product and hope to see some fantastic results.


I was not paid for this review, I did receive a sample to test out. These opinions are my own.
For more information about this product or to purchase: (please note: I DO NOT RECEIVE ANY BENEFIT OR PAYMENT IF YOU CLICK ON THE CLICK OR MAKE A PURCHASE) Just wanted to clear that up. :) I am just passing info to you in case you want to try this cream.

For more information about this product or to purchase



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.





No comments:

Post a Comment